jueves, 6 de noviembre de 2014

Friends that I can't see that often.

Fortunately I dont have a friend that I've known my entire life and I can't see now. But I actually have two friends that at one point left Chile to live in other countries and study there. The first one is called Ian and we were classmates at school in the "basica". One year he suddenly went to Norway because his dad had to travel there to look a job he was being offered I think. He came back but after a year or two he left us definitely and despite knowing that we were going to keep talking via the internet every now and then (the hour difference is a huge deal), it was a sad goodbye. The second one was one of my best friends, that I've known since I have memories and we've been friends since then, called José Ignacio who is argentinean but lived with his family here in Chile, in Puerto Varas. He traveled all years to Argentina with his family to see their argentinean family for a month or so in summer and then come back. Later he decided that he wanted to study traduction in Argentina due to the availability of the career over there and the free studies so our other friends and I had to be prepared. But despite knowing that he was going to leave like two or three years before him doing so, nothing could prepare me enough for that. His flight was early in the morning so he came to my house (we were neighbours by the way) very early without telling his parents and so they came to my house guessing he was there. And we said goodbye, it wasn't so terrible for me at the moment because I was barely awake, like a zombie but as soon as I was completely awake late in the day, I felt everything. Of course we knew that we were going to see each other on large vacations but still it had a huge impact on us because it symbolized the end of our normal (like, scholarship "normal"lifes) lifes in Puerto Varas with all our friends, because for us, there comes a moment when we all have to flee.

3 comentarios: